Over Half a Century of Hospitality and Caring for the Pets of the Shouth Shore
Founded in the autumn of 1947 by Dr. Raymond Russo, Kingston Animal Hospital has held a longstanding, nationally recognized accreditation from the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) since 1959. The high standards of the AAHA guarantee only the best in quality veterinary care in every facet of our practice, including our facility, equipment, methods, and pet health care management. Dr. Russo's son Mark joined the practice in 1974. Today, our veterinarian staff has grown to include six veterinarians and more than 25 support staff. All our doctors have extensive post-graduate training, including internships, residencies, and board certifications.
We pride ourselves in offering high-quality veterinary care for dogs, cats, birds and exotic pets. As veterinary medicine advances, we find it important to also remember the simpler aspects of medicine and healing. It is our strong belief that veterinary care can and should be delivered with hospitality, warmth, and concern. Always stressing the power of a kind word and gentle hand, our long-standing tradition of kindness, nurturing care, and a warm bedside manner encourages healthier, happier, longer living pets.
Donna/Max Legacy Fund
We established the Donna/Max Legacy Fund many years ago to perpetuate the memory of two very special individuals: Donna Marble, one of our veterinary technicians, and Max, the golden retriever with muscular dystrophy that was our beloved animal hospital resident and mascot. Donations made by Kingston Animal Hospital, our caring staff, and others are used to subsidize the veterinary care of select owners and patients whose unusual circumstances remind us of Donna and Max’s grace and equanimity during extraordinary medical hardship. We send our heartfelt thanks to all who have contributed.