We see emergencies during our normal hospital hours. Please call us at 781-585-6525 for immediate assistance. If your pet has an after-hours emergency or if we determine that your pet requires overnight nursing care or a level of specialty we cannot provide here, we will co-ordinate your pet's referral to the appropriate critical care or specialty hospital.
We refer after-hours emergencies to:
New England Animal Medical Center (NEAMC)
595 West Center Street, West Bridgewater, MA 02379
VCA South Shore Animal Hospital
595 Columbian Street, South Weymouth, MA 02190
Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists (CCVS)
11 Bourne Bridge Approach, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532
Preparing for Pet Emergencies
- Save our contact information in your phone.
- Keep a small animal first aid kit in your car and home.
- Be sure to have easily accessible copies of your pet’s medical history.
- Microchip your pet.
- Attach your pet’s identification and rabies tags to his or her collar.
- Discuss a pet emergency protocol plan with your family and close friends or neighbors.
- Familiarize yourself with pet CPR:
- Check for responsiveness
- Secure airway
- Rescue breathing
- Chest compressions