With the rapidly evolving spread of COVID-19, we ask that you follow these new guidelines in order to protect the health of our clients and employees.
If you are sick with a fever, cough, or respiratory symptoms and your pet needs medical attention:
- You must call ahead. We can help determine if your pet needs medical attention and give you instructions on how to best proceed.
- If it is determined that your pet needs to be seen in our hospital, we will ask that someone else that is not showing symptoms bring your pet to the hospital on your behalf.
If no one can bring your pet on your behalf and it is an emergency we will direct you to call the following hospitals:
- VCA Weymouth - (781) 337-6622
- CCVS Bourne - (800) 457-4900
- West Bridgewater AEC - (508) 580-2515
We ask that you follow the recommended CDC guidelines for personal health and hygiene when you visit:
- • Wash your hands with soap and water prior to coming to Kingston Animal Hospital.
- In addition, please wash your pet’s carrier, leash, and collar as carefully as possible prior to arrival.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided upon arriving and leaving the animal hospital.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze, using a tissue or your inner elbow (not your hands).
- When possible, maintain a safe social distance between yourself and others.
- Please do not shake hands.
If you need a medication or food refill and are showing signs of fever or respiratory illness or have traveled internationally in the last 14 days to a country with widespread transmission:
- You must call ahead. Please do not come to the Kingston Animal Hospital without calling first.
- We will formulate a plan for medication or food pick up, mailing, or delivery.